Sunday, December 9, 2012

Italian Men Just Wanna Dance

My mom emailed me today.

"Did you have a crazy adventure this weekend?"

Nope, I didn't... but then I thought about it and I did a fair amount of things. Haha. I'm just so used to living in Perugia and thinking nothing of our little escapades. Friday night I went to a birthday party that turned into "Let's GO OUT IN THE CITY CENTER" (aka 10 feet away from where we live) that then turned into "LET'S GO TO A CLUB 20 MINUTES AWAY NOW THAT IT'S 12:30 AM!"

So we did. A bunch of the Italian guests drove us there where we paid 8 euro to dance until 4 am in the smokiest club EVER. It was surprisingly not very sketchy. People JUST WANNA DANCE, OK?!

My two favorite things from my time in Italy: Accented, bad English and how straight men here really just want to dance.

You don't believe me. But I promise I see this phenomenon every time I go into a bar, even if it isn't a club. Straight boys here like to boogie. And they are HILARIOUS, I mean, very musical indeed.

I was giggling at one guy dancing by himself once on the dance floor. I turned to my friend from Thailand and said "Look! Baha!" and my Thai friend Nate said "Ah, come on, we've all been there. He's just dancing." I give him a weird look and said, "Do you realize straight men NEVER dance alone in the States? They barely dance even with other people." His mind was blown. He had no idea that was unusual. Ha! Here, bartenders dance to songs they like while behind the counter.

Here is a musical treat for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iw4oRym4HSM
  

No comments:

Post a Comment