Thursday, November 8, 2012

"I'm Sorry, I Forgot That You Deserve Special Treatment Because We Bought The Same Ticket..."

The rest of my trip was great. My family was very generous and feed me a lot. My brain stopped functioning though, it was so hard to follow. At dinner on Saturday, in a restaurant in ITALY, my family ordered in Slovenian without menus... it was stressful... the dining room was loud with the Italians sitting next to us, my family kept switching between Slovenian and Italian, and THEN between proper Italian and Trieste Italian dialect...

I looked like an idiot. Fortunately, my cousin Natasa felt super bad for me and helped me out a LOT. Haha. Love that girl! She would just turn to me and repeat questions with simple grammar and vocab. It helped me relax and suddenly I found myself chatting away in Italian about my travels. She and I are planning her to visit me in Perugia sometime! Unfortunately, my next two months will be crazy busy.

My trip back from Trieste was pure misery. I almost screamed at the man across for me and his rude wife. I don't know how to say really rude things in Italian but I had some good stuff prepared. "OH, I'M SORRY! IS THIS YOUR TRAIN? OH I FORGOT, YOU KNOW, SINCE WE BOTH PAID THE SAME FOR OUR TICKETS???" I was so mad with how rude people were that I started to mimic them. I pretended to not understand, pretended to be sleeping, visibly rolled my eyes and denied every single request some jerk asked of me.

On a better foot...

This weekend I'm going to BARCELONA! I've never been to Spain and speak no Spanish... this shall be fun hahaha. Suzanne and I are meeting up with her good friend Jordan who is studying in Madrid or something, so someone will know Spanish! He booked us an apartment on the beach. Score. I started to get stressed because I hadn't looked up anything about Barcelona, ecc. Then I realized, "Louisa. You travel ALL THE TIME. This is peachy. You don't have to see everything. You should try to see a bit of the city and relax. You will go back again soon. And Mass? Just go in Spanish. You went to Mass in Slovenian when you were in Trieste. You CAN DO IT."

Do you like my little peep talk? To make things better, Suzanne's friend Jordan is very organized. He sent me a PDF with all our travel information, apartment info and maps on it. I'm so relieved someone else is in charge and pays attention to detail!

No comments:

Post a Comment