Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Want Me to Fall in Love with You? Take Me to Venezia

But for reaaaal.

Venezia (aka Venice for us Americani) is downright breathtaking. Suzanne and I finally went to explore it Saturday afternoon. At first, I was a little concerned because it was so foggy... but then we got to the island... and it was honestly the most romantic, beautiful place I've ever been.

"That lamppost is so pretty, KISS ME!" <--- how Venezia messes with a woman's mind. I'm so relieved I didn't grab some random man and suggest it.

Our first night, I slept for 10-11 hours I was so tired. Fortunately we had a comfy bed. I fell asleep with the lights on and Saving Private Ryan playing loudly.

The architecture is stunning. I went to mass at St. Mark's (where you can't kneel because there's no kneelers and then your chair is such that you can't kneel because it blocks your feet... Catholics know what I mean! Haha. Fortunately no one sat in front of me so I just picked up the chair and moved it...like a crazy gypsy woman.) It is entirely gold and mosaic everywhere.

It was a decadent trip. Venezia is stunning, we ate lobster pasta, we drank good wine... So worth it. 

But now it's back to reality and we are just tired. Our train took 5 hours on Sunday and we got back around 10 pm to a smelly dirty apartment with no food. Super awesome. 

Today I'm playing hooky because we needed to attend class so that we could qualify to take the final exam in December. I got my last signature yesterday! There goes all resolve to attend classes. Today I woke up with a sore throat so I chose to continue sleeping instead... Also, I have to finish my oral presentation second draft that was due five days ago... 

Umbra annoys me because they act like our grades really matter. Newsflash: THEY DON'T. I am learning for the sake of learning. I'm making myself do the oral presentation because it'll be good practice and I don't want to be rude to my teacher. I just wish this would translate into a magically awesome second draft already sent to his email inbox... Argh.

This weekend I'm going to Scotland for Cathleen's grad. Whew... why am I traveling back to back, self? I'm going to Rome Thursday, sleeping, getting up early Friday morning to catch my flight to Edinburgh, via Amsterdam, to arrival at 12:20. Hopefully all in time for life! Haha. I'm so excited to see some TAC girls. It will be grand. I think on Saturday they plan on going on a bus tour all day... I might just stay in Edinburgh and sleep and go shopping for baking soda, face wash, aka things I can't find in Italy! And our Bnb looks awesome. We get breakfast (WHEE). But most importantly, I'LL FINALLY GO TO CONFESSION IN ENGLISH. YESSSS. So excited. Last time I tried to go in St. Peter's they literally rejected me because of time. Sad. 

Sunday morning I leave super early at 5:50 am... weep. But I'll be back in Perugia by like 3/4 so it won't be so bad. I hope I don't verbally or physically assault anyone... 

No comments:

Post a Comment