Tuesday, October 2, 2012

First Day of School... Again

Last month's courses were lackluster. Two of my courses were drier than TAC cornbread. That's saying something.

I started a new three month semester today. I am taking the same level (B1) because I want confidence with the foundations of Italian. So today we got new professors, a new schedule, a new book and new classmates.

After being Germany for a weekend and being unable to speak Italian there, I was so excited to back in Italy. On my way home, I had conversations with my taxi driver and a lady on the train in Italian. I ordered properly (in Italian with the popular cultural customs!) at a cafe by myself. I am so pumped to give this language thing another go. Of course, I still got stressed out by these conversations because I understood sixty percent of the content. BUT I find myself UNDERSTANDING without concentrating. Obviously, it's simple things that I understand but it feels natural. FINALLY.

My new professors are really good. I LOVE my oral exercises teacher. I found myself doing really well in her class.  It felt like Berlitz again. I was expressing myself comfortably! Right now the teachers are very patient and clear because we have so many students that are way behind. I have no idea how some of them got into B1. But hey, if it helps me out, I'll take it.

Also, now that Suzanne and I aren't freshmen, we've made so many new friends. We showed two lost Europeans how to get to school and we befriended some of our classmates.

However, I REALLYYY miss my old classmates. They were mature, friendly and respectful. My current classmates are really rude and immature. My grammar teacher kept asking them to be quiet. She finally was staring at them silently... and they kept chatting. It was painful. I've never felt so silent in my life. Was I even breathing? I have no idea.

My schedule has class on Friday... but I got into the morning section so I get off at 12! Hurrah!

No comments:

Post a Comment