Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Caught in the Rain...

You know when there's that torrential downpour in movies and, like mood music, it cues to you that one of these various things is going to happen:

1. Someone is going to die in some accident caused by the rain.
2. There's going to be a grand declaration of deep rooted passion that will be accepted. Smooches abound.
3. Plenty of pensive staring outside the window.
4.The hero/heroine will be wearing a thick weave oversized sweater that covers half of their hands while clasping a hot mug of something, (Looking pensive, of course. See #3). Contemporary coffee shop music will play. They are pensive because they and their significant other have fought and now are reflecting upon the quarrel.

Today, when I left class in my short sleeves there was pouring rain. Alas none of the aforementioned things happened. What did happen...

1. I had to walk up a hill and some flat area for 20 minutes.
2. I got visibly soaked, thank goodness I had my glasses on so I couldn't properly assess the damage.
3. I wore my sweater on my head and every street vendor harassed me. "UMBRELLA? PERCHE NO?" Even they felt sorry for me.
4. And then I got home on Facebook... and someone told me they saw me with my sweater on my head walking through the streets of Perugia.

I don't even get the dignity of anonymous shame.

Ah... and the night is young yet. Maybe more people will tell me they saw me. Perugia is pretty small. I could be known as "That Blonde Girl Who Wore a Sweater on Her Head When It Rained."

Crossing my fingers for such luck!




1 comment:

  1. It sounds like the sequel to The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

    ReplyDelete