Tuesday, September 25, 2012

The Joys of Being a Lightweight at Lunchtime

SO we had our 9-13 class replaced with a museum tour here in Perugia.

Like all museum tours composed of multiple adults, it felt like 3rd grade again. People were leaving the group, our teacher was getting annoyed with us... and we ended the tour overtime, cranky and hungry.

But at the end of the very long boring tunnel there was an oasis! Our classmate Marekay (spelling? Unknown.) had a class lunch in her garden. We had some amazing pizza, wine, salad and snacks. We sat in the shady area with the sun shining warmly on our nature-starved faces. It was great because this is our last week together as a class. Here I am, getting sentimental. We all mingled and feasted. People took awkward candid photos, pretending they wanted to take a picture of the pizza table. I SAW YOU, YOU DON'T CARE ABOUT THE PIZZAS. I also got yelled at because I hid my face when someone tried to take a picture of me eating pizza. Um, hello? Why was this man surprised when I refused to be documented in this state?

But I have to say, one and a half glasses of wine give me an excellent buzz at lunch time. The joys of being a lightweight! While everyone else is pouring glass number 3 somberly, you are giggling from your first glass. He he...

No comments:

Post a Comment