Sunday, September 2, 2012

Cold Shower Morning

My landlord Francesco: "Turn on the hot water for the shower and give it a minute to get there."  It never came. I washed my hair in a quite chilly shower this morning. Somehow I couldn't figure out which knob was the warm one (both freezing) so I let one run for a minute... still cold. So then I thought guess it's the other one. Nope. Too late. I'll be late for Mass if I fiddle with this any longer. I comforted myself with the fact that cold water is supposed to make your hair look shiner.

So after a freezing shower, I booked it to the Basilica di San Lorenzo in Perugia. I showed up about 2 minutes before it started. Huzaaah. Fortunately all those years of Latin Mass/not being dumb paid off because I could follow everything pretty well except the Eucharistic prayers because I couldn't figure out which ones they were doing. The church is stunning. I will try to put up some pictures soon. I'm thinking of joining the choir once I speak Italian fluently.

So I used one of these correctly TWICE. Definitely made up for the freezing shower. And I didn't kill myself or others using the gas stove.


Even using crappy cheap coffee was made to taste great. Ti amo, Italia! 

For lunch I had random amazing cheese I found at the store, prosciutto cotto, cooked red pepper in olive oil and salad with balsamic vinegar and olive oil. Oh, so grown up, aren't we? 

No comments:

Post a Comment