Monday, September 10, 2012

WHY DO PEOPLE GO TO NAPOLI?

I've found Heaven and Hell. They are called Capri and Naples.

WHY DO PEOPLE GO TO NAPLES?

Probably for the pizza. I went to Brandi's, the original restaurant that made the Magherita pizza... OMG. Delicious. Otherwise, Napoli is an abomination before the Lord. It's dirty, depressing and full of gypsies. People put graffiti allover the beautiful Baroque architecture. It's just so depressing that it's such a dump with all its history.

So Friday, I went to Pompeii. So hottttt. Faceva brutto! Troppo caldo per camminare! We got a 2 hour walking tour in the sun. It went long... needless to say we were angry children. But I have some great photos to upload soon :)

Friday night, we stayed in Sorrento. We were staying in a "four star hotel" with paper thin walls, no internet except in the lobby for 5 euros an hour, and we were 4 girls to a room. What's a three star like? Fortunately, I had some really great roommates I was meeting for the first time.

So first night in Sorrento, I was pretty upset. We woke up at 6 am, were on the bus for 5-6 hours, stood in the sun in Pompeii for over 2 hours, then back on the bus to Sorrento... On the bus I had these images of my queen sized bed in Sorrento where I would take a hot shower and use my computer for hours by myself.

Nope. So I left the hotel and walked around. I found a beautiful church and it was God tapping me on the shoulder. "Remember me, you pathetic loser?" and I said "Wow, you still want to talk to me? Score."  These old ladies were staying the Rosary in Italian. I went and lit some candles in front of all their statues: St. Therese, St. Francisco, St. Joseph e Padre Pio. Recharged, I went to the hotel where I asked slowly in Italian "I would like to use the Italian for an hour, please." And another guest at the hotel turned to me and said "You speak Italian so beautifully!"

Mom, Dad, friends, people who read this because they are bored/curious: I almost embraced this strange man because I've never needed encouragement so much in my life. But, fortunately, I don't speak Italian well yet. hahahha.

And I got to use the Internet. HUZZZZAHHH.

Basically, every time I think I'm going to start screaming in English/Italiano, something great happens. God's so looking out for me, it's ridiculous. 


Next post: "Biondi, Biondi, Prendi un foto? Capisci?"

No comments:

Post a Comment